Thanks to Tony Murray for pointing out this hilarious web project.
Well, here’s one idea.
- Get a friend of yours to download, using Facebook, the ten most popular books at every college (manually — as not to violate Facebook’s ToS). These ten books are indicative of the overall intellectual milieu of that college.
- Download the average SAT/ACT score for students attending every college.
- Presto! We have a correlation between books and dumbitude (smartitude too)!
Books <=> Colleges <=> Average SAT Scores
- Plot the average SAT of each book, discarding books with too few samples to have a reliable average.
- Post the results on your website, pondering what the Internet will think of it.
Lucky thing that public libraries can’t access to patrons’ IQ scores, cross reference them with local circulation statistics, and then use that as a collection development tool!!!